As part of implementing the system Strategic Technology Plan, the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges has significantly reduced the WashingtonOnline (WAOL) technology fee.
- Old WAOL Technology Fee: $8 / credit hour / student / course
- New WAOL Technology Fee: $4 / user / quarter, active in one or more ANGEL courses, ePortfolios and/or collaboration spaces.
- Old: Three 5-credit courses in WAOL had a combined technology fee of $120 for an enrolled student.
- New: Three (or more) 5-credit courses in WAOL have a combined technology fee of $4 for an enrolled student.
This new WAOL technology fee should save colleges and students money and, we hope, will incent system colleges to use WAOL ANGEL for their learning management and ePortfolio solutions.
This new technology fee is effective Winter quarter 2009.
- Always--The college that enrolls the student collects the tuition, the FTE and any fees.
- If the course is shared—The college that enrolls the student pays the college that hired the instructor $70 per credit per enrollment per quarter (this is the instruction fee). WAOL has a billing process to manage this transaction, and the entire instruction fee goes to the college that hired the instructor.
- Technology fee—The new cost model is $4 per active user per quarter as counted during the audit period. This fee is separate from the instruction fee, and it applies to any active user on WAOL in any domain and at any level of activity.
- The WAOL technology fee is now $4 per active user per quarter at any level of use. Colleges pay this fee to WAOL based on an audit 30 days after the count day.
- WAOL will bill for the technology fee at the end of the quarter after the ANGEL audit period
- For Winter 09 and Spring 09, WAOL will charge colleges $4 for each user who is active on either WAOL Blackboard or WAOL ANGEL.
- Starting Summer 09, all WAOL users will be on WAOL ANGEL, and the charge will be based solely on active users in ANGEL.
- Colleges determine their own fee structures locally.